Sunday, July 14, 2013

What are you doing to pamper yourself?

Today I am headed out to the garden to pull weeds and pick some fresh spinach and lettuce. Then the big debate what to make the husband after he works a long hard day? Suggestions are always welcome. I am thinking I will make Shepard's Pie with the left over mashed potatoes from last night. It is amazingly good.

Take 1 lb of hamburger, I brown mine up with an onion and some Lawry's garlic salt (we are addicted to that in my house).
I then add some water and some diced up carrots...my hubby doesn't like many but I like a lot so that is up to you....you can add a can of peas if you want but I do not like cooked peas. I then add some flour  with Worcestershire sauce after the carrots are pretty well cooked this thickens it. Dump the hamburger into a pan I usually use a glass casserole pan, top that with the mashed potatoes. Bake it for at least a half hour you want to make sure you don't get crunchy carrots. Sometimes we top it with cheese. Just to add a few more calories. A meal all in one dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment